Me. ..??

My photo
Bangalore, India
Done my B.Sc animation from Manipal University with specialization in 3D modeling. working at Xentrix studios as an intern modeler and a finishing artist. The 3D modeler you have been looking for. (whose name is yet to reach the credits list of movies to come) :D

20 March 2011

A Bonsai Tree

Started working on a Bonsai tree for my demoreel.

This is the reference image I'm using for the model.



Heres the WIPs,


Occlusion render


Wireframe

I'm stuck with two problems in here.

- As u can see, 'm not able to render the wire-frame of few branches using vector render in maya. So if you know wht the problem is about please let me know.
- Modeling the leaves individually is a hectic process and not the efficient way to finish this model, so if you can suggest a way to populate the tree with leaves then let me know. 


Thanks in advance.

P.S: theres more to come :)

2 comments:

  1. Try to model it as accurate as the tree itself,See CG that looks like CG is not a good CG push it as closer as you cat to reality..... BTW good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @vansh

    yeah, this is just the base mesh, I'll be taking it to zbrush later to sculpt the details and i'll try to make it as realistic and live up to your expectations :)

    ReplyDelete